Saturday, June 07, 2008

The Mole 5: Clues

**UPDATED TO ADD CLUE**Scroll down..

Let's keep a list of clues from the show. I'll include ABC-given clues and anything else suspicious that appears in the show. I do have Episode 1 on my computer and will continue having access to the episodes, so depending on how much time/interest I have, I might be able to go through and comb for clues. Although I'd like to think they will give us enough clues that we can see from just watching the episodes.

Official Clues:

-The EW clue: I LIE WITH MY EYES
Week 1: Interesting. Is this supposed to be a clue when you read it or when you hear it. There might be a code involved. It might be a fairly literal suggestion. It might mean I lie with my "I"s if you read it out loud. It might refer to Craig's glasses. I don't think any of these clues can be figured out without the addition of some other clues, so we'll keep this an ongoing list.
-ABC clue: NIC@IT
Week 1: This might be a series of first letters of words from a statement. I don't think it refers to Nicole simply by the "NIC."
-ABC clue: E_E_E_
Week 1: To me, this hints at the #11 clue. If we are meant to fill in letters to make a word, and the word is "ELEVEN," then the missing letters are L, V, N. It's possible that the clue is only hinting at the #11 clue, but I think there's a reason only the E's are shown and a reason why there are blanks in the word. Do we focus on the missing letters or the ones that are shown.

Possible Clues:

Week 1:
-Journal #11: Host holds up journal #11. Craig is the 11th in the intro sequence. Mark is the 11th to jump. I have heard that Craig got journal #11, but this is not at all confirmed.
-Green thumbprint helmet: Victoria has a green thumbprint on her helmet. I don't think this at all means she's the Mole. I hope the clues aren't dumbed down this much. It would make a mockery of the show that we as fans love so much. Because I trust the producers, I'm going to say it's either a red herring or it eliminates her as a suspect, or it is a clue pointing to something else. She jumped 8th. Victoria Falls is an actual location.
-Last Supper: Host mentions Last Supper. If I am remembering correctly from what I read about it, there were 12 people besides Jesus and it had just been announced that one was a traitor. Nicole wasn't there at the time. Also, if we're insinuating here that the new host is Jesus, I think that's pretty absurd. Maybe if Anderson Cooper had come back to host..
-Chicago: I have heard that "Chicago" flashes quickly at some point in the episode. Nicole is from Chicago. This would be an absurdly obvious clue, though, so I think it's either a red herring or it refers to something else.
-California: The city they are in is Los Angeles. The boat that was shown said "Jose" on it. Los Angeles, San Jose, both cities in California. I don't find this to be strong evidence though.
-8: Apparently the number 8 appeared a lot in the opening. Victoria jumped 8th with her green thumbprint helmet. Maybe 8 is also an important number. Liz is 8th in the opening.
-5: While we're at it, I'll throw in 5. This is season 5. Nicole is the 5th introduced. Mark was the fifth called at execution. Craig is the 5th alphabetically. Oh, and by the way, the producers made the mistake of putting Ali ahead of Alex on the quiz. I don't think it's a clue, it's just easy to make the mistake of thinking a shorter name comes before a longer one. Who was the 5th to jump? Bobby..
-Alexander Selkirk: Holy shit, guys. So I've been reading all about the Last Supper trying to find a clue and all along, it was Alexander Selkirk, the Robinson Crusoe guy. Wikipedia him, do it now. He was born Alexander SelCRAIG. Are you kidding me? This is more like it.. not an obvious clue, but one that viewers can figure out. Easier than spotting random numbers or letters shown during the show for only a few second. This is something the host actually says. So it's easy to overlook. It was all the strange stories that got me thinking to look them up. I could find nothing at all on the waterfall incident, which is kind of suspicious too. This has got to be some clue..

BTW thank you for reading and thanks to Erin for the comment on the previous post!

Labels: , , , ,

18 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, June 16, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the intro right before the contestants are introduced, You can see the words"Occupation in Chicago"

 
At 7:17 AM, June 18, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THERES A CLUE NEAR THE ROCKS OF THE WATERFALLS RIGHT AFTER ALEX JUMPS (ALSO AFTER CLAYS JUMPS) WHEN THE CAMERA FOCUSES ON THE RAFT BREAKING IN HALF, THERE IS A GREEN NUMBER 4 NEAR THE RIGHT BOTTOM CORNER ON THE ROCKS.

 
At 6:26 PM, June 20, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark says he knows how to play soccer but in episode 2 he like purposely suckss at soccer

 
At 6:32 PM, June 22, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did anyone notice in Episode 2 Craig's tee-shirt said SLUKE, Googled and found nothing but unscramble for Klues.?

 
At 1:12 AM, June 24, 2008, Blogger Megan said...

Wait, are you sure it said SLUKE and not SLIKE? Slike is Craig's last name, but if the shirt said Sluke, then there's the "I lie with my eyes" clue: I lie with my "I"s. I'm going to check, but I'm pretty sure it's the SLIKE shirt that he's wearing in next week's previews.

 
At 6:27 AM, June 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This may be too obvious, but all of the contestants have either an M, O, L, or E in their name except for Craig. Clue?

 
At 5:47 AM, June 25, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks like the intro shows pob: chicago, then it gives the dob, height, weight & occupation.

 
At 3:43 PM, June 27, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nic@it could mean titanic:CRAIG

 
At 6:47 PM, June 28, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do titanic and craig link?

 
At 7:09 PM, June 30, 2008, Blogger Megan said...

look at my other "clues" posts.. nic@it = nicATit, which is titanic scrambled. craig was standing on the boat like dicaprio in titanic..

 
At 8:14 PM, June 30, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craig's shirt said SLIKE - apparently his last name. But what about...
S - next letter - The
L - next letter - M
I - next vowel - O
K - next letter - L
E - same letter - E

 
At 12:09 PM, July 01, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the end of the quiz the camera changes to show the spanish word "libertad" which means liberty which may be a clue leading to Clay, the criminal defense attorney. Also, last week they had to carry scales up the hill.

 
At 7:48 PM, July 05, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The host always says "are you ready for your quiz results" to Paul.

 
At 9:13 AM, July 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nic@it

Nicotine Addict.

Who is a smoker on the show?

 
At 6:26 PM, July 16, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the soccer episode, Clay's jersey is number 11...just like the journal that was shown. Also I think that he might be the mole because of his terrible overacting, especially when trying to get the exemption during the hike up the Andes challenge. These are just my own personal observations, so take them with a grain of salt...

 
At 11:58 PM, July 20, 2008, Blogger Megan said...

Your observations are appreciated :) I have also had Clay creep back up my list of suspects (which really only include him and Craig at this point) and I definitely am taking note of the number 11 jersey you mention.

 
At 5:08 PM, July 22, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the family visit episode, on question 8 (What order did the Mole's loved one come?), it was the only question with a mouse icon and it points to third. The third family member to get off the train was Nicole's mom. Maybe a little too obvoius, but the people I was watching it with missed it so maybe.

 
At 2:44 PM, July 26, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as I know, one of the 1st clues was 'Find The Mom'. In the game where the contestants had their family visit them, the only one whose 'Mom' was there was Nicole's...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Entertainment Blogs
Entertainment Blogs