Sunday, May 06, 2007

Survivor Fiji

I know it's been forever since I've updated and it's because I've been so incredibly busy. At first it was just finals and then I started working on this film/tv show project with a master's student who's doing this for her thesis. And right now I'm really tired, but I have to talk about Survivor before my thoughts disappear.

This season is fascinating for me. So far it's been a really interesting game. Fun to watch. Except for when Jeff decided to orchestrate Michelle's exit. What the hell was that? Had everything gone like a normal show does, Michelle would still be here and this season would be awesome. Since she's gone, it's only been decent. However, there are several redeeming qualities.

First of all, Dreamz. I think we need to take some time and appreciate how ridiculous he is. He's playing this game like nobody ever has. I have never seen someone play both sides like he has.. by telling the truth to both alliances. He pretty much tells each side what the other side told him. Back and forth. Back and forth. Of course, in his head, he's leading one side on while he's solidly on the other side. Well, after Edgardo left, it was more obvious that Dreamz wasn't aligned with them. But up until that point, he had been pretty ambiguous.

He's been the biggest snake in this game, as far as riding the fence goes, but I really think he does it without thinking he's doing it. It's ridiculous. He just wants to stay friends with everyone that he likes.

Then there's Stacy, who flat out said she was a "freakin follower" this past episode. Also, I love that nobody thinks she deserves to be there, yet we hear nothing from her in confessional about how everyone hates her. It's so funny to me. She's shown that she's smart, thinking of the Edgardo trick vote, but if she and Michelle are carbon copies, like Michelle said, then Michelle's obviously the better version. She's the beta version.

By the way, Michelle interview with Dalton Ross and my favorite Survivor ever, Jenna Morasca, most ridiculously funny person.. Michelle said this quote that I think is hilarious: "But in everybody else's eyes, it was 'Why do we need two of the same little girl running around.'" This is on the topic of her and Stacy. I don't know.. it's the idea that she thinks of herself as a little girl that gets me. Anyway, Michelle deserved an angered, bitter post from me when she was kicked off the show by Probst and his overly biased commentary. She didn't get one because I was busy. So now, I would like to express the fact that I'm still pissed. I hate it when someone is kicked off for no good reason when it was obvious they would've lasted so much longer. Stupid twist.

Lastly, let's touch on Boo. Every episode, I put money on Boo hurting himself. Of course I'm always betting myself and I don't have much money to begin with, but still. Boo is ridiculous as well. He always almost kills himself. Then on top of that, he talks way too much. And he also has some really weird quirks that I can't explain, but find really funny. Anyway, it's funny that he's still there and hasn't injury retired yet. Also, would've loved if Jeff would've asked him if he felt safe at the last tribal. Jeff asked everyone else if they genuinely felt safe that night and everyone said they did except for Alex. I was really hoping Probst would ask Boo, who would get confused and say no. Anyway, my legs are sore and I'm tired. I'm out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Entertainment Blogs
Entertainment Blogs